Guacamole aka Tortillas best Amigo.
Theres no better way to load up your diet with avocados than a fresh tasty guacamole to get in those healthy fats and fibre!
Guacamole is a delish light & healthy snack, take it to any dinner party or picnic, friends will be sure to swoon!
Heres my basic Guac recipe, keep it simple or add in some fun extras.
2 large ripe avocados
the juice of one fresh lime
1-3 freshly minced garlic cloves (use as much as you like according to your preference)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 - 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
1 small tomato finely diced
4 tbsp finely diced red onion
4 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeno very finely diced, include seeds for extra spice
1/2 cup black beans for additional texture and protein
1/2 cup diced pineapple or mango for a tropical twist (if using omit tomato to avoid a soggy situation)
1. Halve the avocados, remove the pits with a knife, for easy mashing slice and dice the Avo flesh within the shell before scooping out
2. Scoop diced avocado flesh with a spoon into a medium mixing bowl, add garlic and spices, mash with fork until desired consistency, I prefer to keep some avocado chunks
3. Stir in the lime juice, then fold in additional ingredients
4. Allow a few minutes + of chilling and flavour mingling before serving for best results
5. Serve on some organic corn tortillas chippies, in a burrito, tacos, with eggs or anything else you may desire... Enjoy!